What is an RSS feed and how do I get more new listings delivered directly to me?
If you love our collection of vacation rental homes, space swaps, homes for sale and more, but would love to have them come to you automatically without having to sift through email or come back to the site, then RSS feeds may be the answer for you!
There are different opinions on the topic, but one definition for RSS is "Real Simple Syndication." Using very simple, and often free RSS readers, you can consume all the content you want instantly! RSS Readers are incorporated into standard email programs, into most smart phones like iphones and android phones, and even screensavers have them!. All the latest headlines on education-related topics you choose are delivered to your desktop for free. When your reader displays a headline of interest, click the headline and you'll be whisked to Gulf View to see the location. This way you can see all the newest and update listings from your selected sources in a matter of seconds.
How do I get an RSS Reader?
New RSS readers are being developed every day. Here are just a few:
When you've found the reader you like and you want to add an RSS feed to it, here's the general procedure:
- First, you need the URL of the Gulf View topic/category RSS feed url.
- Click on the icon of the RSS feed that interests you--for example, "Gulf View Homes For Sale".
- Copy the URL of the page that opens (for Gulf View Homes For Sale
, it's http://gulfview.com/DesktopModules/XModPro/Feed.aspx?xfd=GVRSS&pid=0&IsSale=1 ).
- Open up your newsreader software and paste that URL into the appropriate place.
- Click on any headline, and the story will appear in FeedReader's built-in browser in the lower right window of the application.